Manage your life in a way that will generate the high-quality results that you desire & deserve
The first step towards any change is awareness. As Dr. Phil famously says to his guests & viewing audience “You can’t change what you don’t acknowledge.”
If you read my last blog, I strongly suggested that you keep track of all your activities for a 24-hour period. Please check out my suggestions from my book, Health Wealth: Feel Like a Billion Dollars Every Day Of The Week. for additional tips on this exercise.
I hope you got a chance to do this activity. It should have provided you with valuable information in planning your strategy to incorporate the changes you need to improve your mental, physical & spiritual health.
- Were you able to see the imbalances in your life that may be sabotaging your desire to live a healthier life?
- Too much time devoted to work?
- Not enough time for family & other important relationships?
- Not enough time to exercise? Eating on the run; not always making healthy food choices?
You need to take a close look at your lifestyle choices & determine what you can do to improve the quality of your life.
Today I would like to focus on some simple steps you can take to start incorporating exercise into your life so you can start increasing your energy, stamina & overall good health.
Please remember that gradually working toward change improves your odds of success. A new behavior needs to be repeated & then given a chance to become part of your routine.
- Whenever possible, walk. Increase the amount of time you can walk, versus sit or drive. It doesn’t take that much extra time to park a bit farther from the entrance to the grocery store or mall.
- At work stretch in your chair, squat to pick something up, stand up when you talk on the phone: take breaks when sitting in front of your computer for extended periods of time- take a quick walk &/or stretch & do some exercises while you watch TV.
- Take a short vigorous walk during part of your lunch hour
- Take the stairs instead of the elevator or escalator
- Turn household activities, like gardening, into exercise.
- Play with your children or dog in the yard or a park.
- While watching TV, talking on the phone, or reading a book, try doing isometric exercises.
Pick a couple of these ideas & use them each day. When you see just how much time we waste sitting, standing in lines, waiting for stoplights, etc., you’ll see just how easy exercise can be & you can do it in a very short time.
Build up slowly day by day so you can incorporate these healthy habits into your daily routine
The Bottom Line…
“99% of failures come from those who have the habit of making up excuses”
George W. Carver
To read more be sure to check out the full text here: Health Wealth: Feel Like a Billion Dollars Every Day Of The Week. To Your Best Health,
To Receive Quality Info Like This Straight To Your Email: Click Me!