How much water do you drink each day?
I drink at least 1.5 litres of clean water everyday (approx. six standard sized glasses.)
If you drink less than this you may be missing out on a few more degrees of higher performance.
Read on to understand the benefits & how you can easily apply the methods to achieve an optimal state of being…
Water instantly makes you feel more alert, stimulates calorie burn & helps improve bodily functions.
On top of that it can help your body improve:
- Detoxification: Flushing out toxins
- Eye function: Lubrication & vision
- Skin: Keeping it smooth & clear
- Hair: Keeping it strong & healthy
- Physical Performance: As little as 2% of body weight can affect performance negatively. Losses in excess of 5% of body weight can decrease the capacity for work by about 30%(1)
- Optimal Mental Health & Performance: As dehydration affects physical performance, in the same way it also affects mental performance.
Physical Performance: As little as 2% of body weight can affect performance negatively. Losses in excess of 5% of body weight can decrease the capacity for work by about 30%(1)
6. Optimal Mental Health & Performance: As dehydration affects physical performance, in the same way it also affects mental performance.
According to nih.gov optimal water intake is also essential to the gastrointestinal functions, kidney functions, heart function & hemodynamic (pumping of the heart) responses.
Blood volume is tightly regulated by matching water intake & water output.
One of the first signs that you may be dehydrated include: headache, dizziness, tiredness, dry skin, constipation.
While most often dehydration also presents thirst, if you pay attention to your body you can treat yourself with some more clean water & reverse these issues quickly.
According to http://www.mayoclinic.org, dehydration has become extreme & you need to seek medical attention if you or someone you know develops:
• An intolerance for keeping fluids down
• Diarrhea for more than 24 hours
• Black or bloody stool
These can all be signs of severe dehydration which must be treated right away.
Even if you are never at risk of extreme dehydration, even mild dehydration can have a big impact on your day – decreasing the efficiency of your workouts, reducing your productivity at work & overall not allowing you & your body to perform at your personal best.
So, get drinking!
Many of the concepts I teach involve complicated processes on how to build muscle or eat just right to achieve specific results – this one is simple.
Water is available everywhere in the western world – there is no excuse.
Drinking a glass is simple, easy, refreshing & has instant benefits! So stop reading this article & go get yourself a drink of clean, fresh water.
To Your Best Health,
ShapeTrainer Daniel Grant
p.s. Coming Soon…
We’ll talk about clean water, what that means & why it is so important for your happiness. I’ll also share some great tips from my book HealthWealth. Speak soon
To Receive Quality Info Like This Straight To Your Email: Click Me!
Armstrong et al. 1985; Craig and Cummings 1966; Maughan 1991; Sawka and Pandolf 1990 http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2908954/